Thursday, July 01, 2010

Just got one thing to say to all the people that told me that i'd never finish the new section by hand....you were right.

Finished back building berm 3 and dumped another layer on berm 2 wed night. Got to chat with some friends that i haven't seen forever. My new bike is done, i wanna ride again...

So my current decision is to dump another load of dirt on berms 3 to 6 and do a little shaping, then open the section. I'd like to add the bumps the next weekend when i've got some people to flow the bumps in. If enough people like the section, i will then petition thor for a bobcat to finish the section the way i originally visioned. If response is not favorable, i can cut my losses now without putting another 100 hours into the section.

i thought about things while playing in the dirt the other night. I'm kinda being selfish on my new section and neglecting my duties as a trail leader. There are some things that need to be done before the race and my section is not one of them. Time to buck up and focus on the important things...

No comments: