Friday, June 12, 2009

Well, i gotta a couple days of commuting in this week. Got a whole 30 miles on the bike and i'm kinda liking it. The bars are a little funky and i'm just a tad under geared for the flats. It is a pretty easy spin at 16mph on the flats. I need to either start wearing my contacts or get different glasses. I have to crank my neck up to see thru my glasses and i get a sore neck pretty quick. Also climbing with the bars feels weird. I have to climb with my butt way back or my shoulder starts to ache. Then again, i haven't spent any time on a roadie in several years and maybe i should shut the heck up and just let my body get used to it. Definetly not ready for fixie mode yet...

Norfolk race is coming up this Sunday and i'm hoping the rain holds off so the kiddo and i can go play. We were going to roll out with another group so she can pre-ride the course before the race. Start time isn't till noon, so it should be all good. My race isn't till 2, going to be a long drive home...

Tranq trail day is Tues. Even with mowing every weekish, the trail is still overgrown and will need alot of work. Seems like it rains for a week then a day or two of sun to make everythinh grow like crazy.

Kids are doing well with their driving practices. No one has scared me yet and they are getting better. It is getting hard to find an unpopulated place to let them practice. I found an area where the streets are in but they are still building houses. It is working out pretty good. If both can get their licenses this fall, i can continue riding to work when school time starts....

2 comments:

Stratomatic said...

Nice job on biking to work. See you Tuesday for some trailwork.

buconine said...

I keep figuring i'll run into you on the papio one of these days. it is a nice ride in the mornings....