Sunday, April 05, 2009

Don't ya love it when a plan comes together? Heh, i'd love it to work just once...

I figured i had it made Friday evening to bag a ride. Kid 1 was busy with school play practice till 6. Kid 2 and 3 were at friends. Grab the bike after work for a quick blast around tranq. I got about 20 feet out of the parking lot and kid 1 calls, done early. Tell him be a bit, figure i'll get a 1/2 lap in. Another 20 ft and the phone rings again. Kid 3 needs to be picked up. Grrr... Pack it in and begin the kid taxi service. Hoped to snow ride today but it is freakin cold.

I need to figure this goofy fox fork out. It is uber plush, not what i am looking for. With the 1x9 geared huge, i am out of the saddle alot. With my old reba, i could set the air pressures to where the fork was stiff enough for out of the saddle riding but still bomb the downhills. Not so with the fox. I've played with air pressures, all of the settings and still can't get it to be stiff, even when locked out. Guess it is time to let the pro's at the shop do thier magic. I really want to love this bike but it has been an uphill battle. My Kula was perfect and i was wicked fast on it. Never should have sold it... I can be fast on the Sycip but it only lasts till my hands fall asleep. Maybe a carbon bar would help, i was hoping the fork would but my thumbs were toast in what little i rode Friday night. Maybe i should just go back to roadies....

No comments: