Friday, December 11, 2009

Ahhh, what a week. I've been getting some pretty severe pain after elevating my foot, especially at night. This morning it had gotten to the point of 2 percocets would barely knock the edge off. Called the doc again and he wanted to check the cast again to make sure it wasn't too tight. It was a little tight but after listening to my description of the pain and where it was happening, he decided to do a ultrasound of my leg for clots. Well, that was it. One behind the knee and 4 between the knee and ankle. After 4 waffles of whether they were going to keep me or not, they sent me home. Now i get to give myself 2 injections in the stomach twice a day till the pills kick in. Also daily blood tests and another ultrasound in a week. Gotta love docs... Do you have a will? Anyone to check on you during the night to make sure your breathing? Ya know,people die from this stuff... Gee, thanks doc...i feel much better. My favorite was when i asked what causes clots. Sitting around too much was the reply. Instructions for me? Elevate foot much as much as possible. Ummm, isn't that what caused this to begin with? And considering i've been working 8 hr shifts for over a week, i don't think i was too idle... best part? I'm on blood thinners. I can't work for at least 2 weeks. I'm outta vacation/sick time. Still no word from disability. ugh, i give up....

4 comments:

dale said...

Clots are serious stuff,man. I'm praying for you.

About the will, minimum - name and executor of the estate and let him/her know your wishes, otherwise everything goes through lawyers and probate court, expensive and slow.

Not just idle but staying in one position for long time. When laying/sitting down, turn to different side (l,r,f,b) at least every 15 minutes. Don't need lots of movement, just periodic movement/stretching, imo. Like range of motion pt. I'm not a doc nor do I play one on tv.

dale said...

btw, great points in your THOR email. I'm adding some of my thoughts and some stuff from the 2009 winter imba trail news.

buconine said...

Did ya sleep in a Holiday Inn last night? lol

I'm gonna have to research it more on the web. I have a will on my computer but not sure if it has to go thru a lawyer or what to be legit.

Between the inactivity, insomnia, meds and everything else i've got alot of time to think about stuff. That and this combination is putting me on an emotional rollercoaster. Hopefully nothing comes off as too harsh or depressing. Really kind of struggling to put my thoughts into words...

dale said...

Not last night, its been several years ago so the advice might be off a little. 8-)

We've had will since kids. Suggest you print will, then go to a notary to witness you and executor signing. Keep original and make copy for executor.

yea making out will, discussing living will, cemetery or cremation, etc. are pretty weird anytime.

But such heavy thoughts can help evaluate life from different perspective and refocus on most important stuff. Be thankful for the good, learn from the not-so-good, forgive, say I love you, hug, treasure relationships.

Some say God whispers to us in the good times and shouts to us in the bad. I think the hard times can diminish the noise in life so that God's voice is more easily heard. Since it is Christmas time, I suggest reading the Gospel of Luke in the Bible. When I first became interested in God, I read all of Luke one day. Was hungry for more and kept reading. Book of Acts is the history of the early church from the resurrection of Christ through the next 30 years or so.