Sunday, August 09, 2009

I'd have to call the TTT a huge success. I can't wait for the racer count. It had to be big. Full fields despite the heat. The trail was primo, thanks to a lil help from mother nature. Thanks to Bike Masters for hosting an excellent race and all the able bodies that help set up/tear down, registration, etc. Very organized and really a smooth event.

Wish i had gotten more pics of the cat 3, jr's race. My kiddo won her class, albit with no competition. She did come in second female, so i'll give her credit for riding within herself. My race went well, actually way better than i thought. I was guessing mid pack but ended up second. The start went off fast and i just hung back. The wnw we hosted worked out really well for setting a sustainable tempo for the race. As the race went on, people just kept coming backwards. I am a decent descender, so i tried to pass just before the downhills and tried to keep the gap up the next hill. As for the "speed killer" sections, they worked perfect. I made several passes when people blew the corners. Big props to all the racers. Everyone was doing a great job passing and allowing people by.

Thanks again to the Tranq trail crew, THOR, Bike Masters and all involved in this event. Can't wait to do it again!






No comments: