Sunday, August 30, 2009

Woke friday morning with that tell tale tickle in the throat. Hit the meds but by sat morning i was feverish and couldn't take a deep breath. Kiddo wanted her points, so out we headed. Got in around 9, signed up and did a recon ride to show her the techie section after the start. We didn't have time for much else. K didn't like the course and was grumbling the whole time. I don't think we will have friends come to the races with us anymore. Seem to put us both in a bit of a neg mood for the day.

K was the only one in her class so she just cruized her own pace and finished it out. I decided to race even though i couldn't breathe. DFL at the start and the position i pretty much held the whole race. I rode the first lap and 1/2 behind Donna Holmes as she was riding a sustainable pace. Not being able to take deep breaths made recovery non-exsistant. Also not being able to swallow didn't help much either. Honestly, i was done before i started. I just rode along trying to talk my self into dnfing and going home. Ended up sticking it out and finishing the 3 laps.

The drive home was hell... Couldn't get warm but my face was beet red from the fever. Glad i brought ibuprofen. It kicked in around westpoint but i still couldn't regulate body temp well. I was either frying or freezing. Still feel like crap this morning. I'm going back to bed...

No comments: